Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Attitude Adjustment - Day 9

There are so many things for which to be thankful, but my thoughts seem to be filled with nothing but the amazing rainfalls we've been getting.  We've received so much, in fact, that we've had some pretty severe flooding.  The desert is not accustomed to receiving five inches of rain in a single storm, so the ground, dry and parched, cannot absorb it quickly.  Rescues by brave first responders around the Valley dominate the newscasts.  Still, there are other good things in my life, so I list the following blessings:


  1. a cessation from the campaign calls, at least for the day;
  2. fairly easy music to learn for my first concert (only a few weeks away!);
  3. social media, allowing me to be an introvert but still maintain important relationships;
  4. another night of not cooking (thank you, Leo's Island BBQ!); and
  5. an early night to bed.

No comments: