Sunday, August 17, 2014

Attitude Adjustment - Day 6

I'm a cranky broad.  I'm finding it more difficult to come up with these lists, especially when I feel as if no one is reading them.  I know it's more about internal results, so I shall persevere.

I am grateful for the following:

  1. finding a Steak and Shake, even if it's across town (at least it's closer than Indiana!);
  2. much-needed rain;
  3. cooler temperatures that accompany the rain storms;
  4. a son that has finally learned to fend for himself by actually cooking; and
  5. meaningful discussions with my husband about our children, our finances, and about life in general.
Later daze...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've had a very warm and dry summer....I wouldn't mind a little rain. Remind me I said that in December when I'm water logged.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, Steak and Shake! Happy memories of eating there on our honeymoon and subsequent trips to the mountains. We have none here and I would be ecstatic to see one open, so I share that one :)

We had an 80% chance of rain yesterday, and nary a drop. I will be dragging out the sprinklers tomorrow morning and watering for hours, very hot and dry here. Summer is finally catching up with us, it's over 100 right now with the heat index, boo.