Friday, August 22, 2014

Attitude Adjustment - Day 11

There is a wall hanging that says friends come into your life for a reason and a season.  I believe that.  Eighteen years ago, I met a group of women who became the most important women in my life at the time.  They helped me to come to grips with becoming a full-time, stay-at-home mother, and they helped me see the sacredness in motherhood even in the thankless tasks like changing dirty diapers.

After a few years, our kids grew older, our lives didn't intersect any more, and we lost touch.  A few years ago, one of them entered my orbit again, and then recently another one did as well.  Tonight, four of us came together over dinner at a restaurant to share memories, experiences, and laughs.  It was a pleasant and easy-going evening, as if we had never lost touch.

Tonight I am grateful for the following:

  1. Anne (even though she couldn't join us tonight);
  2. Lisa;
  3. Bernadette;
  4. Renee; and
  5. the chance to share food, fun, and Christ's love.
Later daze...

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

How wonderful to reconnect with old friends! Sounds like a great day to me :)