Friday, August 15, 2014

Attitude Adjustment - Day 4

Next week, my first-born begins the next chapter in her life.  She has filled the calendar with hours and hours of "Welcome Week" activities at the university, and even though she will be a commuter student, I have recommended she attend as many events as possible, even if it means driving cross town late at night to retrieve her at the conclusion of the night's activities (because the busses are no longer running).

Today, I am grateful for the following:

  1. a mother/daughter lunch with my soon-to-be college girl, sharing food and swapping laughs and stories;
  2. a drop in the day's humidity levels;
  3. leftovers for dinner (so I didn't have to cook);
  4. an unexpected surprise from a friend, lessening my workload just a tad on an upcoming project for the band; and
  5. a schedule free from volunteer expectations today.
Later daze.......

1 comment:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Did you (hopefully) cut your volunteer time in half with one moving onto college? Are you still writing?

Hope all is well! Take care, my friend :)