Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Attitude Adjustment - Day 8

Whew!  Today started out strangely.  I overslept, and then awoke to the sound of howling winds and rain pounding on the roof.  I delivered my son to school on time, but my daughter very nearly missed the shuttle to the university.  Had she done so, guess who would have had to drive across town to deliver her?  Um, yeah, that would be ME.

Today's I'm thankful for the following:

  1. that I managed to make it to the branch university campus in time to get my daughter boarded on the shuttle bus to the main campus;
  2. much cooler temperatures;
  3. refreshing, cleansing rain;
  4. my first chorus rehearsal in four years; and
  5. meeting new people, forcing me to break out of my protective shell.
Later daze...

1 comment:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I'm so glad you're getting some summer relief! We've been breaking temperature records off the charts here and even our rainfall is "off" (it's raining but there are stretches we go 4-5 days between storms, which, as you know, is nearly unheard of here during the six months of summer). As someone who can appreciate the thrill of anything resembling "cooler and more comfortable" during the summer, I am so happy for you!